The Wroclaw Film Commission was created in January 2013. It is financed by the self-governments of the Lower Silesia Province and the city of Wrocław and it operates – similarly to the regional film fund – within Odra-Film, a cultural institution of the Lower Silesia Province self-government. The goal of the Wroclaw Film Commission is to encourage the filmmakers to complete productions in Lower Silesia through:
- promotion of unique film locations,
- support in contacts with local self-governments, premises owners and self-government bodies managing public infrastructure,
- showing the ways of obtaining funds for films,
- advising on contacts with the local film industry,
- creating database of Lower Silesia locations and making it available to filmmakers.
Every year – apart from films financed by the Lower Silesia Film Fund co-produced by Odra-Film – WFC supports approx. 30-40 film and TV productions, documentaries, feature films and animations.