A few international roads run across Lower Silesia, with the motorway A4 in the lead. The region capital city – Wrocław is connected with the rest of the country by a number of main roads:
- motorway A4, running to the German border and to Katowice and Kraków (the section running to the eastern border is in construction)
- road No. 8, north-east of Warsaw and to Kłodzko and Kudowa-Zdrój, and further southward to the Czech Republic,
- road No. 5 to Poznań and to Strzegom, Kamienna Góra and further southward to the Czech Republic,
- road No. 94 to Legnica and Opole,
- road No. 35 to Świdnica and Wałbrzych.
From abroad there are convenient road links running to Lower Silesia:
- From Germany: from Lipsk (Leipzig) and Dresden by motorway A4, from Berlin and Cottbus by motorway No. 15 to the border crossing in Forst,
- From The Czech Republic: by motorway No. 10 from Prague and further by road E65 from Liberec, by road E 67 from Hradec Kralove.
The road distances from Wrocław:
to Prague: 270 km
to Berlin: 330 km
to Vienna: 450 km
to London: 1480 km
to Moscow: 1590 km
The Mikołaj Kopernik Airport in Wrocław is located in the south-western part of the city, within the distance of approx. 10 km form the city centre, nearby the Wrocław Motorway Ring Road, by which you can get to the airport quickly and comfortably, both from the side of Warsaw (through the motorway connector from Długołęka), from Poznań side, from trunk (national) road No. 5, and also from the south form trunk road No. 8 and from motorway A4.
Address and contact:
Port Lotniczy Wrocław S.A.
54-530 Wrocław, ul. Skarżyńskiego 36
tel. (71) 35 81 100
fax. (71) 35 73 973
The railway network in Lower Silesia is very dense. There are direct trains coming from all larger cities in Poland to Wrocław Railway Central Station at ul. Piłsudskiego 105, there are also trains form Berlin and Hamburg. Wrocław, Legnica, Bolesławiec and Zgorzelec also have railway connection with Görlitz.
In Wrocław, the Central Bus Station (Dworzec Centralny PKS) is located in the centre of the city in the vicinity of the Railway Central Station, at ul. Sucha 1.