Since 1950s Wrocław has been one of the three most important centres of film production in Poland. In the Wrocław Feature Film Studio, which operated from 1954 to 2011, more than 500 films were made, including films by Andrzej Wajda (Ashes and diamonds), Wojciech J. Has (The Saragossa Manuscript), Roman Polański (Knife in the Water), Andrzej Żuławski (The Devil, On the Silver Globe) and Agnieszka Holland (A Lonely Woman), placing Poland on the map of the world cinema. Most of the Polish directors who created the Polish cinema in the 20th century worked in the Wrocław Feature Film Studio and few of them – Stanisław Lenartowicz, Sylwester Chęciński, Waldemar Krzystek, Wojciech J. Has, Jan Jakub Kolski, Roman Załuski – remained connected with Wroclaw all their lives or for many years. As of 2011 in the studio’s premises operates the Audiovisual Technology Center where Polish and foreign films are once again made, e.g. Loving Vincent by Dorota Kobiela and Hugh Welchman or Speedway by Dorota Kędzierzawska.