The Centennial Hall is a sports and entertainment hall located next to the Szczytnicki Park in Wrocław. It was erected in the years 1911–1913 according to the design of Max Berg, and the opening took place on the 100th anniversary of the “battle of nations” at Leipzig.
The facility is the most famous example of modernism in Wrocław and one of the most interesting buildings of this period in the world. The hall amazed with its construction and material solutions. The object is 42 m high, the dome is 67 m in diameter. The maximum width of the hall’s interior is 95 m, and the available space – 14,000 sq m. sqm At the time of its construction, the reinforced concrete covering of the building had the largest span in the world, and even today the dome of the Hall makes a great impression.
In addition to the main hall, the building has 56 exhibition rooms and spacious lobbies surrounding the main hall. The building was designed on the plan of a Greek cross. Its three ends form small entrance halls, the fourth – west, facing the city – is the two-level main entrance hall. Thanks to the design of the roof in the form of annular terraces, rows of windows illuminating the interior were created.
The facility survived World War II without serious damage. The Centennial Hall is a historically and architecturally valuable facility. In 2006 it was entered on the UNESCO World Heritage List, and together with an architectural team including, among others, Four Domes Pavilion, Pergola and Spire to the register of monuments.
Nowadays, the Hall is a place of various types of events, incl. sports, fairs and cultural events.