The Church of Peace in Jawor is the largest wooden religious building in the world. In 2001 it was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. The Churches of Peace were founded in the second half of the In the 17th century, following the Peace of Westphalia at the end of the Thirty Years’ War (1618-1648). Pressed by Protestant Sweden, the Catholic Emperor Ferdinand III Habsburg granted the Silesian Lutherans the right to build three churches in his territories – in Głogów, Jawor and Świdnica.
Church of Peace in Jawor