The town is located within the Śnieżnik Massif of the Eastern Sudetes, in the valley of the Wilczka and Bogorya streams deeply cut into the slope of Śnieżnik, at an altitude of about 480-800 m above sea level.
The beginning of the village were the estates established in the 16th century by lumberjacks and charcoal workers. At the beginning of the 17th century, iron ore was mined here. After the Thirty Years’ War, mining declined and the local population made a living by forestry and weaving. In the nineteenth century, thanks to Fr. Marianna Orańska has developed into a popular climatic town with characteristic wooden buildings in the Swiss style. The former German resort was incorporated into Poland in 1945, the present name was administratively approved on May 7, 1946. After the German population was resettled after the war, a large number of wooden and stone-wooden buildings in the Tyrolean style remained. In the vicinity there are beech forests, higher spruce forests and numerous rocks. The greatest advantages of the area include a large number of hiking trails and several famous landmarks: the Wilczki waterfall, the chapel of Our Lady of the Snow and the flood barier. The characteristic buildings of Międzygórze are wooden houses in the Tyrolean style with beautiful carvings, cloisters, balconies and balustrades. The most interesting objects in this style include the “Gigant” and “Gigant II” holiday homes, as well as the former post office building, which was renovated and was to be transformed into a luxury guesthouse. The historic wooden parish church from 1740–1742 refers to tchem.